Blarney GAA are very excited to announce our new development plan.
We are currently embarking on a major development on our club grounds, which will improve our playing facilities for our existing members and also allow us to cater for the future generations of hurlers and footballers to come.
A lot of work has already been done behind the scenes and we are very excited to share our new development plan to all within our community.
- Construction of a floodlit 3G artificial grass pitch next to our clubhouse.
- Construction of a new hurling and football alley next to our clubhouse.
Why is it needed?
- No winter training facility in Blarney. Our teams have to train outside the village.
- Many training sessions are cancelled due to wet weather.
- Increasing population of young people in Blarney. We need more playing areas to cater for this.
- Give our young players a chance to improve their skills all year round.
- Facilitating health and well-being of those within the wider community through all year round participation in physical activity.
- Artificial grass can be played on at all year round, even during wet weather.
- No more cancelled training sessions
- The facility will assist in increasing physical activity of our all our members. Currently club na nOg can only train March to Sept.
- Safe playing facility for our young people, particularly for 3 to 18 year olds.
- Fantastic sporting facility within our community for future generations to come.
We are on schedule to start construction on a phased basis in June 2016.
Planning permission has been granted and a request for tenders was sent out in January. A contractor will be appointed soon.
Total cost €270,000
Approved Grant €110,000
Funding Required €160,000
If you have any query on any aspect of our development, donation scheme or development fundraising, please email email@example.com
Below is a video showing what our club grounds will look like when the development has completed.